We are looking to make a series of community-level improvements within the communities of Hillhurst and Sunnyside. This includes the following area:
- West of the Calgary Curling Club,
- North of Memorial Drive,
- South of the bluff, and
- East of 18 Street NW.
Both the City of Calgary and the Hillhurst-Sunnyside Community Association (HSCA), through technical evaluation and engagement with the community, have identified a series of potential streetscape and public realm improvements within your communities. We would like your help to prioritize and refine these projects.
Engagement for this project will take place over three phases:
- Phase 1 - Project prioritization: we will ask you to prioritize the projects identified by The City and HSCA.
- Phase 2 - Refining designs: we will ask you to help use refine the designs for a short list of projects identified during Phase 1 engagement.
- Phase 3 - Final designs: we will present the final project designs to the community.
This project is part of the Established Areas Growth and Change Strategy, a program that provides funding to support short-term (1-3 years) public realm improvement projects in established communities where growth and change are happening.
PROVIDE YOUR FEEDBACK
The first step in the Hillhurst-Sunnyside Streetscape and Public Realm Project is to prioritize the potential improvements identified by both The City and HSCA.
There is not currently enough funding to complete the full list of projects, so we would like to understand which projects you see as being most beneficial to the community. We will use this alongside our ongoing technical evaluations of these improvements to select a short list of projects for further discussion during Phase 2 engagement.
The activity below includes the full list of projects identified by The City and HSCA. Each project has been assigned a certain number of points that roughly corresponds with its budget. You have been assigned 12 points, equivalent to our overall program budget, to assign to these projects.
- Review the projects below. Click Read More for a full description of a project.
- Click Fund It on a project to assign it points.
- You must use a minimum of 8 points.
Results from Phase 1 engagement will be used to inform a short list of potential projects for you to help refine during Phase 2 engagement. Results from Phase 1 engagement will be compiled into a What We Heard report and posted to this site.