REVIEW THE RECOMMENDED PLAN
From fall 2019 to spring 2021 we will be working with stakeholders and the public to gather feedback to develop design concepts, evaluation criteria and recommended plans for the Country Hills Boulevard study area. We will do this in three phases:
- Discover Phase: Discover opportunities, challenges, priorities and evaluation criteria for the study area with stakeholders and the public
- Explore Phase: Explore design concepts and evaluation results with stakeholders and the public
- Reveal Phase: Present preferred plan to stakeholders and the public
Engagement on the Reveal phase is now closed.
Participants had an opportunity to provide input online from April 19 to May 2, 2021. The What We Heard Report summarizing all feedback from the Reveal phase of stakeholder and public engagement is now available.
Thank you to those who provided input on the recommended plan for Country Hills Boulevard N.E.
The project team will refine the final plan for the Country Hills Boulevard study area.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Country Hills Boulevard N.E. provides an essential east-west connection in north Calgary, establishing a vital link to Deerfoot Trail and access to the Calgary International Airport. Planning for the widening of Country Hills Boulevard N.E. between Barlow Trail and Harvest Hills Gate N.E. to six lanes will improve mobility for existing residents and support future growth, while providing an opportunity to review and improve sustainable transportation modes along the corridor.
- Better accommodate people who walk, bike, take transit and drive.
- Improve safety for those who travel through, or commute along, the study area.
- Widen Country Hills Boulevard between Barlow Trail and Harvest Hills Gate N.E. to six lanes.
- Widen the three existing bridges along country Hill Boulevard N.E.
- Deerfoot Trail, Nose Creek and the CP Rail tracks
- Minimize impacts within the study area.
COUNTRY HILLS FAQ
- What is the project scope?
- What is the timeline for the project?
- Why is there a need to widen Country Hills Boulevard?
- When will the widening be constructed?
- What are the next steps?
- How will public feedback be used?
- What are the highest priorities from the first round of engagement?
- What criteria are being used to evaluate the options?
- What are the current and forecasted traffic volumes for Country Hills Blvd?
- Are there going to be pathways, sidewalks and transit stops on Country Hills Boulevard N.E.?
- Will Nose Creek be impacted with the bridge widening?
- Have any environmental study / review been conducted as part of this project?
- What will happen to wetlands that are affected by the construction?