We are enhancing City vacant land at Centre Street N and 40 Avenue N.E. to create a pop-up park for interim use. We have developed two design options for the park. This park improvement will increase activity and create stronger community connections.
We are also implementing mobility improvements in the communities of Greenview, Greenview Industrial Park, Highland Park and Winston Heights / Mountview. We are making these enhancements to improve mobility for people who walk, wheel and drive and to complete the missing links in our mobility network.
This project is part of the Established Areas Growth and Change Strategy, a program that supports projects focused on our existing communities so they can continue to be vibrant and successful for decades to come. The program provides funding to support short-term (1-3 years) public realm improvement projects in established communities where growth and change are happening.
Answer the questions below to share your feedback from August 3 to September 17, 2021 on the two design options for the pop-up park.
Provide Your Feedback
Two potential design options for the pop-up park area have been developed based on feedback collected from key stakeholders. We would like you to review the concepts below and tell us what you like and what could be improved for each design.
Click on each of the images below to view the options. Then provide your feedback below.
Be sure to click the "Submit" button at the bottom.
Share Your Input
Sidewalks & Pathways
Sidewalks & Pathways
We plan to construct significant missing connections such as sidewalks and pathways in a effort to increase accessibility, improve safety and create connectivity.
Mobility improvements near your home or business
In 2022, we will be implementing the following missing sidewalks, pathways and improving a crossing at a key intersection:
Adding missing sidewalks:
- On south side of 41 Avenue from Centre Street N to Centre A Street N.E.
- On east side of 1 Street N.E. from 41 Avenue N.E. to 40 Avenue N.E.
- On north side of 41 Avenue from 1 Street N.E. to Edmonton Trail N.E.
- On south side of 40 Avenue from 1 Street N.E. to 2 Street N.E. and west of 3A Street N.E. to Edmonton Trail N.E.
- On south side of 39 Avenue N.E. from east of 1 Street N.E. to 2 Street N.E.
- On east side of 2 Street N.E. from 35 Avenue N.E. to 37 Avenue N.E.
- On north side of 36 Avenue N.E. from 2 Street N.E. to east of 3 Street N.E.
- On north side of 35 Avenue N.E. from 1 Street N.E. to 2 Street N.E.
- On north side of 34 Avenue N.E. from cul-de-sac to Edmonton Trail N.E.
- On 6 Street N.E. from 33 Avenue N.E. to 36 Avenue N.E.
Adding missing pathways to connect to existing pathway connections:
- From 1 Street N.E. cul-de-sac to Laycock Drive N.E./1 Street N.E.
- On east side of Edmonton Trail N.E. from the northbound bus stop to 32 Avenue N.E.
Improving an intersection crossing:
- At 41 Avenue N.E. and 1 Street N.E.
Following public engagement, a summary of what we heard will be available online in the fall 2021. The results of the public feedback along with technical analysis will be used to determine final design for the park. We also be providing further communications on the mobility improvements to impacted residents and businesses.