ABOUT THE PROJECT
Calgary’s Civic Sport Policy was endorsed by the sport community and approved by Council in 2005 as a means to grow, foster and encourage sport and sport opportunities in Calgary.
It has been more than ten years since Council first approved the policy and now we feel that it is an appropriate time to evaluate the progress to date, as well as, to seek a better understanding of:
- Issues and barriers to achieving the desired impact of the Policy.
- The City’s role (municipal role) within the broader sport delivery system.
- How the City works with its partners to achieve Council’s priorities.
Update: The NEW Sport of Life Policy was approved in May 2018.
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT
This feedback form is now closed. Thank you for your feedback.
What we asked
We want to hear from you one more time to ensure we got things right and didn't miss anything through our prior engagement. Your feedback will be provided to the Project Manager who will use it to inform the final proposed policy that will go to Council in early 2018.
To date, we have conducted benchmarking, surveys, interviews and focused discussions with individuals and organizations representing a broad range of stakeholders including sport, education, health, diverse communities, social services and all levels of government. The final What We Heard Report summarizes the work completed by Western Management Consultants in Q1 2017.
At each step in the process, we are reporting what we’ve heard. What we heard in this final round of engagement will be reported here and included in our report to Council.
Your feedback will go directly to Calgary Recreation and will be taken into consideration as the final policy is shaped.
Other factors that will inform the Civic Sport Policy include:
- Research within Calgary Recreation
- Sport Policy General Population Study
- Federal and Provincial sport policies, strategies, research and best practices
- Alignment with existing council policies, plans and priorities as well as considerations of any limitations to implementation.