WHAT'S HAPPENING IN NORTH HILL?
NORTH HILL COMMUNITIES TRADESHOW
Saturday, March 2 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
James Fowler School (4004 4 Street NW)
This was a come-and-go event with drop-in anytime between 10 am and 2 pm.
Please use main entrance off 4 Street and park in either the 36 Ave or 40 Ave lots.
Note that the school is accessible by bus routes #2 and #38
Get a sneak-peak of the tradeshow event passport here.
Who are the North Hill Communities?
The North Hill Communities area is a much-loved inner-city area in Calgary that includes Edmonton Trail NE, Centre St N, 4 St NW, 16 Avenue N and the nine surrounding communities (Highland Park, Mount Pleasant, Tuxedo Park, Winston Heights-Mountview, Crescent Heights, Renfrew, Rosedale, Capitol Hill, Thorncliffe Greenview (south of Mcknight Blvd) as well as Greenview Industrial).
What connections does The City have to this area?
We want to talk with people about changes happening in the area, local redevelopment and revitalization, City services and engagement opportunities for active projects in the North Hill Communities area. Come chat with us about what's going on in the North Hill Communities and how we're working to ensure this area continues to be a place that is loved by Calgarians in the future.
FEATURED PROJECTS AND SERVICES:
- North Hill Communities - Local Growth Planning initiative. Chat with the project team and share your vision for growth and redevelopment in the North Hill Communities. We want to build on and strengthen the things people already love while also looking at how things might change and evolve.
- Calgary Housing Company - Learn about the importance of affordable housing and Calgary Housing projects in the area.
- Centre Street – Streetscape Master Plan - Learn about the Streetscape Master Plan for the Centre Street Main Street and provide feedback to the team.
- Municipal Development Plan and Calgary Transportation Plan Review - Help us shape the next 20 years for Calgary!
- + more projects, programs and services. Interact with staff from:
- Planning & Development - Chat with staff from Growth Strategies, Heritage, Urban Design and more.
- Transportation - Chat with team members from Traffic Safety, Livable Streets, Green Line, Calgary Transit, Transportation Planning about all of your transportation and transit questions for the area.
- Parks & Recreation - Learn about parks and recreation programming in the area.
- Water Resources - Learn about Water Resource infrastructure and projects in area.
- Real Estate & Development Services - Learn about City owned land and future projects in the area.
- ‘Local Area Planning 101’ Presentation & Education Opportunity
- Local Area Planning can be a difficult and technical subject matter to navigate! Join us for a quick 30 minute presentation and introduction to the world of Planning at The City of Calgary.
- There will be a recurring 30 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 & 1:30
- Meet your local community associations and find out more about community programming in your area (Crescent Heights, Thorncliffe-Greenview, Mount Pleasant, Highland Park, Capitol Hill and Renfrew).
- Have fun in Kid's Korner - show us what you love about your community and help us build a box city!
- Meet local Calgary Firefighters & check out their fire truck (they're planning to come from 10:30-11:30).
- Coffee, Tea and Timbits.
While registration for this event is not required, please feel free to let us know if you plan to attend so we have a better idea of the expected number of participants. You can also use this function to ensure you save the date and add this to your calendar so you don’t miss out!!
Please note that language translation services will be made available. Please use this registration to let us know if you require any language translation services so we can plan in advance.