ABOUT THE PROJECT
The 9 Avenue S.E. bridge has been identified for replacement because of its age, physical condition and decreased load carrying capacity. A new bridge is being designed to replace the existing bridge.
The new bridge will:
- meet current design and engineering standards
- have an increased load carrying capacity
- improves access for people walking and cycling across the bridge with a pathway on the north and south side
- support transit improvements in the area
- be easier to maintain for the next 100 years
- incorporate a commemorative component to recognize the old bridge design
- use appropriate detours to minimize user inconvenience during construction (to be determined based on bridge design and construction methodology)
For more information on the bridge, please visit the 9 Avenue S.E. Bridge Replacement project page.
We asked for your input as we work towards determining the final bridge design. We will listen and learn to your thoughts about each bridge option and take into consideration your preference, and balance this with a technical and financial analysis.
We asked participants to click on each bridge image to see a larger view, then review the benefits and challenges for each option before providing input below.
To see all of the input that was collected, please review the What We Heard Report.