THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIED!
The opportunity to apply for the working group was open from Sept. 19 to Oct. 24, 2023.
Successful applicants were notified on Nov. 14, 2023.
There will be a range of additional opportunities for anyone who is interested in getting involved. If you are interested staying connected and getting involved please SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES.
The West Elbow Local Area Planning Working Group includes people from a range of backgrounds who provide feedback, consider input provided by the broader community, and discuss concepts and ideas with city planners as the local area plan is created.
The working group include a range of people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences including:
24 general community members
- Community members participate in dialogue as it pertains to someone who lives in the area and brings lived-in community perspectives and viewpoints to the table, and acts as a sounding board for The City as we develop a new policy plan for the area.
14 community association/BIA representatives
- Community association/BIA representatives provide insight as community experts and bring forward the perspectives of their community association board.
5 development industry representatives
- Development industry representatives are expected to bring knowledge and perspectives of the development industry as a whole and not to speak about an individual parcel(s) they may have interest in.
In total, there are 43 people on the West Elbow Communities Local Area Planning Working Group.
PHASE 1: ENVISION
Session 1: Asset Mapping & Core Values
- December 12, 2023 from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Marda Loop Communities Association
- Session 1 Presentation
Session 2: Validate Vision & Core Ideas
- January 23, 2024 from 7-8:30 p.m., virtual
- Session 2 Presentation
Session 3: Key Growth Areas
- March 5, 2024 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at The Military Museums
A summary of the feedback collected in each working group session above will be shared in the Phase 1 What We Heard Report.
This Working Group will provide feedback on a wide range of topics connected to the entire West Elbow Communities area.
This working group will include people from a range of backgrounds who provide feedback, consider input provided by the broader community, and discuss concepts and ideas with city planners as the local area plan is created.
This Working Group will participate in eight to nine focused workshops over approximately two years.
We’re looking for a broad range of people to join this working group, including:
- Local residents including long-term or new homeowners and renters (balance of youth, young professionals, families, singles and seniors).
- People who work in the area.
- People who own property in the area.
- Local business owners.
- Members from the development industry.
- Community users (from a recreation or customer perspective).
- Education, Faith, Environmental, Cultural or Advocacy group members in the area.