ABOUT THE WORKING GROUP
Between September 19 and October 15, The City was accepting applications for the North Hill Communities Local Growth Planning Multi-Community Stakeholder Working Group. We received 93 applications in total.
Members of the working group will participate in dialogue of the broader planning interests of the entire area, bring different perspectives and viewpoints to the table and act as sounding board for The City as we develop new growth (or local area) plan(s) for the communities of: Highland Park, Thorncliffe - Greenview, Capitol Hill, Mount Pleasant, Tuxedo Park, Winston Heights – Mountview, Rosedale, Crescent Heights and Renfrew.
There are 32 members in the working group. The group is made up of: 10 representatives from the area Community Associations/ Business Improvement Association, 3 Development Industry Representatives and 19 members from the general community.
Meet the Working Group! Click here to see who is a member of the working group.
To review the terms of reference for the working group, please click here.
WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON?
Working Group Session Two
On December 11, 2018 the Working Group participated in their second session, hosted by the Thorncliffe - Greenview Community Association. At this session working group members:
- Reviewed project objectives and confirmed roles
- Validated, confirmed and prioritized public feedback from phase one
- Identified vision attributes that will guide the project moving forward
Review the presentation from the second session here.
Working Group Session One
On November 22, 2018 the Working Group participated in their first session, hosted by the Renfrew Community Association. At this session working group members:
- Met their fellow working group members and got to know each other.
- Learned about the project and the engagement process.
- Built an understanding of The City's the planning process and policy hierarchy.
- Learned about the local context and key concepts that will be considered as we move forward with this plan.
- Reviewed the roles and responsibilities of the working group.
Review the presentation from the first session here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How were members selected?
- Who could apply for the working group?
- Who will be on the working group?
- How often will the working group meet?
- Where will the sessions be hosted?
- What communities are included in the plan area?
- What is the purpose of this working group?
- What is the authority of the working group?
- What are The City’s expectations of working group members?
- What kind of homework will be expected of group members?
- Who will run the working group sessions?
- Will my Community Association be a part of the working group?