THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIED!
The opportunity to apply for the working group was open from April 18 - May 23, 2023.
Successful applicants were notified on June 5, 2023.
There will be a range of additional opportunities for anyone who is interested in getting involved to do so. If you are interested staying connected and getting involved please SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES.
The Chinook Communities Local Area Planning Working Group includes people from a range of backgrounds who provide feedback, consider input provided by the broader community, and discuss concepts and ideas with city planners as the local area plan is created.
The working group include a range of people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences including:
24 general community members
- Community members participate in dialogue as it pertains to someone who lives in the area and brings lived-in community perspectives and viewpoints to the table, and acts as a sounding board for The City as we develop a new policy plan for the area.
10 community association representatives
- Community association representatives provide insight as community experts and bring forward the perspectives of their community association board.
3 development industry representatives
- Development industry representatives are expected to bring knowledge and perspectives of the development industry as a whole and not to speak about an individual parcel(s) they may have interest in.
In total, there are 37 people on the Chinook Communities Local Area Planning Working Group.
We were looking for a broad range of people to apply to join the working group, including:
- Local residents including long-term or new homeowners and renters (balance of youth, young professionals, families, singles and seniors).
- People who work in the area.
- People who own property in the area.
- Local business owners.
- Members from the development industry.
- Community users (from a recreation or customer perspective).
- Education, Faith, Environmental, Cultural or Advocacy group members in the area.
The Chinook Communities LAP Working Group Terms of Reference provides additional details about the Working Group and commitment. Review of this document and sign-off from all working group members is required.
PHASE 1: ENVISION
Session 1: Asset Mapping & Core Values
- June 15, 2023 from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Parkhill Stanley Park Community Association
- Session 1 Presentation
Session 2: Validate Vision & Core Ideas
- September 15, 2023 from 7-8:30 p.m. via virtual session.
- Session 2 Presentation
Session 3: Key Growth Areas
- September 28, 2023 from 7-8:30 p.m. via virtual session.
- Session 3 Presentation
A summary of the feedback collected in each working group session above will be shared in the Phase 1 What We Heard Report. The Phase 1 What We Heard Report is will be shared in the fall of 2023.
PHASE 2: EXPLORE
Session 4: Key Growth Areas & Intro to Small-scale homes
Session 5: Small-Scale homes; Intro to Urban Form and Building Scale Maps
Session 6: Urban Form and Building Scale Maps; Implementation Options
A summary of the feedback collected in each working group session above will be shared in the Phase 2 What We Heard Report. The Phase 2 What We Heard Report is will be shared in connection with the launch of Phase 3.
PHASE 3: REFINE
Session 7: Refine Plan
Session 8: Additional session for
A summary of the feedback collected in each working group session above will be shared in the Phase 3 What We Heard Report. The Phase 3 What We Heard Report is will be shared in connection with the launch of Phase 4.
PHASE 4: REALIZE
Session 9: Key Changes and Final Draft Plan