ABOUT THE PROJECT
The City of Calgary is developing an Electric Vehicle (EV) Strategy to meet the needs of this rapidly emerging technology. The EV Strategy is being developed as part of our Climate Program, since it represents one of the greatest opportunities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from transportation.
The objectives of the EV Strategy are to:
- respond to the growing demand for electric vehicle infrastructure and services,
- encourage/support faster adoption of electric vehicles to aid in reducing greenhouse gas emissions,
- build partnerships across Alberta to provide an electric vehicle charging network within the province that connects to other provinces or states,
- establish what role The City, partner organizations and the private sector should play in providing electric vehicle infrastructure and services, and
- increase awareness and create enthusiasm amongst the public and industry about electric vehicles.
PROVIDE YOUR INPUT
Do you drive an electric vehicle? Or looking forward to one day driving an electric vehicle?
Please, answer the questions in the form below to help The City explore ways to facilitate private charging in homes, condos and workplaces.
A follow-up workshop to review The City’s draft recommendations for public charging infrastructure will be held in Q2 2017. Until then, one-on-one discussions with selected stakeholders are underway to refine the recommendations, and to explore ways to facilitate private charging in homes, condos and workplaces.
PAST ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
Public Charging Network Workshop (December 2016)
Building on previous consultant research, The City hosted a workshop on 6 December 2016 to discuss public charging infrastructure in Calgary. Stakeholders provided input on a variety of questions, including what role(s) The City and other organizations should play in providing public charging stations in Calgary. A summary of the workshop results can be found in the What We Heard Report.