Draft Short-term Recommended Plan
More than fifteen different ideas were evaluated based on public input and technical review. Below you will see the draft short-term recommended plan that:
- Addresses key collision history concerns
- Enhances connectivity for people who walk and bike
- Resolves key traffic problems where feasible
- Can be implemented within five years
Please review the plan and provide your feedback below.
Click on the graphic below to open a high-resolution PDF and then zoom in to see the details.
Click graphic to expand and open detailed accessible PDF version.
+ Improves safety for people who drive through the study area by addressing high traffic collision areas
+ Improves safety for people who walk and bike through the study area by providing additional pathway space, slowing traffic, and reducing crossing distances
+ Improves safety for Montgomery residents by slowing traffic entering and moving through the community
+ Improves traffic flow along Bowness Road/Parkdale Boulevard
+ Improves transit movements through the study area by providing bus queue jump lane
+ Provides opportunity to repurpose areas of land, add gateway features, and make land enhancements in the study area
– New signals may create delays for traffic moving from northbound Bowness Road to westbound 16 Avenue at peak times
– Construction of a new ramp will impact trees in the area
– New signals may encourage people who drive to take 44, 45, and/or 46 Street