Draft Long-Term Recommended Plan: Tight Urban Diamond
It was determined that the plan below best met the technical evaluation criteria, community values and project objectives.
Please review the plan below and provide your feedback.
Click on the graphic below to open a high-resolution PDF and then zoom in to see the details.
Click graphic to expand and open a PDF version.
+ Facilitates safer traffic movements along 16 Avenue by adding merge ramps to provide access to/from
+ Shaganappi Trail.
+ Maintains travel times along 16 Avenue by providing continuous traffic flow.
+ Enhances connectivity with cycle tracks on Bowness
+ Road and new pathways along 16 Avenue and Shaganappi Trail.
+ Enhances accessibility for people who walk and bike on Bowness Road by providing a continuous connection under 16 Avenue.
+ Maintains existing transit service on Bowness Road.
+ Encourages people who drive to use 16 Avenue given the additional travel time required to access Bowness Road.
+ Provides opportunity to re-purpose land not being utilized by infrastructure for other uses (to be reviewed in a future study).
– Removes direct access from 16 Avenue to Bowness Road.
– May result in increased traffic on 43 Street from people who drive attempting to access Bowness Road from 16 Avenue.
– Requires intersection crossings for people who walk and bike along the regional pathways on Shaganappi Trail.
– Reduces flexibility for future transit service along 16 Avenue.
– Possible property impacts to properties along Montgomery View.
– Requires four new bridge structures, which are costly to build and maintain.